October 29, 2023 – October 31, 2023
The Graduate/Professional Student Recruitment Initiative (GPS) is The Ohio State University’s premier diversity recruitment program for students considering post-baccalaureate studies at Ohio State. The program is hosted and coordinated out of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at Ohio State. GPS helps to contribute to the ethnic, cultural and academic diversity of Ohio State’s Graduate School and Professional Colleges.
IMPORTANT UPDATE!!! The Ohio State University will be hosting the 2023 GPS Program IN PERSON. The 2023 GPS Program will take place on Sunday, October 29, 2023 to Tuesday, October 31, 2023. The application window and process will be from Friday, July 1, 2023 until Monday, September 17, 2023. If you have questions regarding the 2023 GPS Program, please contact Starr Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-247-9159.
Download GPS 2023 GPS Flyer
To Apply Click Here
More about GPS
APPLICATION WINDOW FOR GPS WILL BE OPEN IN JULY 2023
Applying for GPS:
To qualify for an invitation to attend:
- Be a rising senior eligible to graduate by June 2023
- (Post-baccalaureate and/or graduate students are also eligible to apply)
- Be a U.S. citizen (or permanent resident or DACA recipient)
- Demonstrate serious consideration to attend Ohio State
Submit the GPS application including:
- One unofficial transcript
- A short statement (250 words or less) [indicating your research and/or professional interests and why you want to pursue these interests at Ohio State.] If applicable, reference the faculty member you would like to work with
- One letter of support from a faculty member from your current or past institution
Competitive applicants for this program will have a GPA of 3.5 or higher for all college work, be a participant of one of the targeted pipeline programs, or be nominated by an Ohio State academic unit. However, all applicants with a 3.0 or above GPA will be given consideration.
Final invite decisions will be made by Ohio State University departments. Students will receive decision notification via email.
*Depending on the individual academic unit review process, you may receive your invite decision as early as two weeks following your GPS application submission or as late as two weeks following the GPS application deadline (September 17).
All questions regarding GPS should be directed via email to email@example.com or via phone at 614-247-9159.
Receive an intensive up-close and personal look at what Ohio State has to offer!
- Top-Ranked University
- Highly Ranked Programs
- Outstanding Faculty
- State-Of-The-Art Facilities
- Diverse Campus Community
- Competitive Funding
GPS program includes:
- Departmental visits with faculty members, administrators and graduate/professional students
- Workshops regarding essential Graduate/Professional school components
- Meals according to the GPS schedule
- Hotel accommodation at the Blackwell Inn on the Ohio State campus
- Up to a $300 honorarium (Honorarium may be used to recoup some or all of your expenses related to GPS–students from local [Columbus area] universities are not eligible to receive this stipend)