October 27 – 29, 2019
The Graduate/Professional Student Recruitment Initiative (GPS) is The Ohio State University’s premier diversity recruitment program for students considering post-baccalaureate studies at Ohio State. The program is hosted and coordinated out of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at Ohio State. GPS helps to contribute to the ethnic, cultural and academic diversity of Ohio State’s Graduate School and Professional Colleges.
Download GPS 2019 GPS Flyer
*Check back soon for the 2019 GPS Application.
*Apply for GPS 2019 starting July 1, 2019!
Applying for GPS:
To qualify for an invitation to attend:
- Be a rising senior eligible to graduate by June 2020
- (Post-baccalaureate and/or graduate students are also eligible to apply)
- Be a U.S. citizen (or permanent resident or DACA recipient)
- Demonstrate serious consideration to attend Ohio State
- Submit the GPS application including:
- One unofficial transcript
- A short statement (250 words or less) indicating your research and/or professional interest and why you want to pursue these interests at Ohio State
- Hint: Be sure your statement focuses on your academic / research goals, and if applicable, reference the faculty member you would like to work with
- Letter of support from a faculty member from your current or past institution (or contact email for faculty member)
Competitive applicants for this program will have a GPA of 3.5 or higher for all college work, be a participant of one of the targeted pipeline programs, or be nominated by an Ohio State academic unit. However, all applicants with a 3.0 or above GPA will be given consideration.
Final invite decisions will be made by Ohio State University departments. Students will receive decision notification via email.
*Depending on the individual academic unit review process, you may receive your invite decision as early as two weeks following your GPS application submission or as late as one week following the GPS application deadline (September 20).
All questions regarding GPS should be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 614-292-8236.
GPS program includes:
- Departmental visits with faculty members, administrators and graduate/professional students
- Workshops regarding essential Graduate/Professional school components
- Meals according to the GPS schedule
- Hotel accommodation at the Blackwell Inn on the Ohio State campus
- Up to a $250 honorarium (Honorarium may be used to recoup some or all of your expense for travel to Ohio State for GPS; students from local [Columbus area] universities are not eligible for this honorarium)