1. Harvey Friedman’s Research on the Foundations of Mathematics, edited by L. Harrington, M. Morley, A. Scedrov, and S. Simpson, North-Holland, 1985, 408 pages plus xvi.
2. Gina Kolata, Does Gödel’s Theorem Matter to Mathematics?, Science, Vol. 218, November 1982, pp. 779-780.
3. George Mills, A Tree Analysis of Unprovable Statements, Model Theory of Algebra and Arithmetic, Springer Lecture Notes, 834, pp. 248-311.
4. Anil Nerode and Leo A. Harrington, The Work of Harvey Friedman, Notices AMS, Vol. 31, 1984, pp. 563-566.
5. Steve Simpson, Sigma-1-1 and Pi-1-1 Transfinite Induction, Logic Colloquium ’80, (Prague), North-Holland, 1982, pp. 239-253.
6. Steve Simpson, Which Set Existence Axioms Are Needed to Prove the Cauchy/Peano Theorem for Ordinary Differential Equations?, JSL, 49 (1984), pp. 783-802.
7. Stephen G. Simpson, Reverse Mathematics, in: Recursion Theory, edited by A. Nerode and R. A. Shore, Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, Volume 42, 1985, pp. 461-471.
8. Craig Smorynski, The Varieties of Arboreal Experience, Math. Intelligencer, Vol. 4, No. 4, (1982), pp. 182-189.
9. Craig Smorynski, “Big” News from Archimedes to Friedman, Notices of the AMS, Vol. 30, No. 3, April 1983, pp. 251-256.
10. Charles Steinhorn, Borel Structures and Measure and Category Logics, Chapter XVI, Model-Theoretic Logics, ed. J. Barwise and S. Feferman, 1985, Spring-Verlag.
11. Pavel Pudlak, Improved bounds to the length of proofs of finitistic consistency statements, Logic and Combinatorics, ed. S. Simpson, AMS Contemporary Mathematics Series, vol. 65, 1987.
12. T. A. Heppenheimer, The Long Shadow of Kurt Goedel, NSF Mosaic, volume 21, number 1, Spring 1990, pp. 2 – 13.
13. David Ranada, Untangling Musicality, Musical America, January 1991, pp. 91.
14. Ker-I Ko, Complexity Theory of Real Functions, Birkhauser, 1991.
15. Melissa Weber, Friedman Crusades for New Axioms in Mathematics, On Campus, OSU publication, April, 2000.
16. Richard Elwes, To infinity and beyond: The struggle to save arithmetic, 16 August 2010, cover story in the New Scientist.
17. Marianne Freiberger, Picking holes in mathematics, in Plus Magazine, early 2011.
18. Richard Elwes, Large cardinals: maths shaken by the ‘unprovable’ A shocking discovery has unsettled the world of numbers. In The Telegraph, December 30, 2010.
19. Piergiorgio Odifreddi, The Divine Proof, la Republicca, major Italian newspaper, January 5, 2013.
20. Major National newspapers of Belgium, Institional Honoary Doctorate, University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium, September 4,5, 2013.
21. Secretes of Genius, Discovering the nature of brilliance, TIME Magazine, 2013, p. 87.
22. Foundational Adventures, edited by Neil Tennant, 2014.