Reflection 10

Solve Climate by 2030

Byrd Conference, 4/8/20 

This online talk/lecture was a wonderful presentation of the issues we face when talking about climate change. There’s masses of evidence supporting the causes and validity of the issue, but going past that– it helped me think more about how to actually mobilize people to at upon it.

Global climate change is a world issue, and it can be considered a big security threat to various places. It’s an issue that we must internationally tackle and put effort towards.

I was able to gain perspective on the issues from people in related fields, and it was a a great way to connect some of the information I knew and concern I had to actions that could be taken. I think it’s important to look at feasibility and also think about the disproportionate effects of climate change so as not to leave vulnerable communities in the dark when trying to innovate; This was talked about especially during the last segment of the presentation, and it was a good reiteration for me.

I took a course on global climate change– in fact my professor was a speaker during the conference, so I was apply a lot of what I learned in class and have a good foundation on the issue before even going in.