Final Project

King Cat:

Peasant Cats:

For this project I ended up focusing on the idea of Survival and wanted to create the two images as a dichotomy where one would portray an imagery of nice and easy living and the other would portray the other side of the coin of a hard perhaps bleak life with some pieces of something like happiness. So instead of using humans as the subject matter which would feel a little too bleak, in my opinion, I chose to use cats which came to my mind since I personally spoil my cat in all he wants and love, but have also run across so many strays in my time living off campus. So to add in a little flair I want to pull back to the times of Kings and Lords and have my cat appear to be a king relating to the phrase, “Living like a King,” and the other image would be based on the idea of “peasants” a la from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Of the Elements and Principles that most appear in my images, the Unity of them is the most important. Across the entire pictures there holds the central them and not much from it really deviates from it. Additionally, I have employed a heavy use of pattern and color to build upon the images. As for color the King Cat image holds mainly colors of purple, red, and yellow which all signify royalty. Whereas the Peasant Cats image holds mainly grays and browns to signify their less than glamorous lives, but there are bits of colors to show that they too have bright parts of them not controlled by their quality of life. As for critiques I received, adding more cats to the Peasant Image was great idea and truly helps the image and also putting a small nice food bowl on the King Cats chair was a nice little suggestion that added nice detail.

*Stock Images were used for the above images.