Andy Warhol Pop Culture Photoshop

To start, some of the principles and elements of art present in the above photo are color, pattern, space, and some asymmetrical balance. The color here is wide ranging but in each pattern sub-segment there is a distinct use of two or three colors as well as the red highlights holding in the feel that this is a Coca-Cola bottle. Then there are the three patterns themselves and the space that contrasts with the photo that arguably takes up up at least a third of the picture with just the neon green lying in that space. And there is the balance of the photo where the bottle itself is symmetrical down the mid-line of the picture but as you move further from the mid-line there is asymmetry in the patterns on each side of the bottle. This edit of a Coca-Cola Vanilla bottle is inspired by Andy Warhol’s art work with a little of a personal twist. Where as Andy used color to highlight parts of a photo in addition to his iconic bright backgrounds and additional effects, I wanted to use color patterns that could maybe attempt to show what it feels like when I see a bottle of Coca-Cola Vanilla. A bottle of vanilla coke, to me, irradiates a sense of happiness which I denoted with the yellow and purple stars/sparkles on the left and also it shines brightly compared to other soft drinks so I showed that feeling with these sharp lines of light that the drink appears to let out. Additionally, Coca-Cola is heavily known for its burn, refreshing feeling, and its carbonation which I tried to show by populating the inner area of the bottle with color dots that evoked close to this feeling for myself. So, when creating this image I started simply with the bottle and asked myself what I see in my head when I think about Coke Vanilla and went section by section in the picture attempting to capture that sight and feeling in my head. The left sparkles were first created by making yellow stars with the pencil tool and then using a smaller sized pencil with the purple color to fill the insides and only keeping the yellow edges. The right section started with making the line shapes I wanted with a blue pencil and then from there a slightly smaller sized pencil below the blue and then an even smaller sized pencil with a light orange color that went over the edge created between the blue and white. The inner dots were created in order to white, blue, then brown and haphazardly placed around in order to capture the randomness of carbonation bubbles in a soft drink. Then lastly I filled in the cap and bottle sticker with red in order to keep the Coke brand in most focus.