GOALS of Honors and Scholars

The GOALS of the honors and scholars program include global awareness, original inquiry, academic enrichment, leadership development, and service engagement. Global awareness is developing awareness of diversity. Ohio State is one of the most diverse campuses with students from all over the world. By being Korean, I already contribute to the diverse community, and I am open to everyone to share my culture and learn the other person’s unique culture. Original inquiry focuses on research or projects that leads students to become creative. I plan to try to get involved in a research lab after my sophomore year. Academic enrichment is going towards academic excellence. With my goal of becoming a dentist, I am planning out my classes for the next four years of undergraduate years, and also focusing on my current academics by reviewing and studying the class content every day after classes. Leadership development is for students be become a leader in all kinds of aspects. Currently, I am not sure about how I could become a leader but I will try to find opportunities that I can thrive as a leader. However, one example of me being a leader is through my engineering class. By motivating the other students in my group, I am able to lead the group to all equally work on projects for the class. Service engagement is serving the community. I will try to not just serve for the required 10 hours, but more for the community.