Position: Scientist, Chemistry
Location: Warminster, PA
Reporting to Sr. Director, Chemistry, the Scientist, Chemistry will be responsible for the development and evaluation of novel targeted approaches to the treatment of liver disease. The individual will be expected to perform hands-on laboratory research, communicate results in both written and oral forms as well as present updates of the performed work at team meetings.
- Deliver on research goals and objectives.
- Apply expert knowledge to proposed research projects, exploratory and formal research programs.
- Propose and conduct experiments, critically evaluate data drawing appropriate conclusions and develop a forward plan of action.
- Serve as representative on a project team in area of expertise as project chemist requiring data reports and progress reports to line management.
- Maintain knowledge of published developments in research field; recommend alternative approaches to research projects and programs.
- Foster a spirit of cooperation, teamwork and motivation within the laboratory and department.
- Present scientific results in a variety of settings, both formal and informal, and both within and outside of the company.
- Contribute to the development of the Arbutus patent portfolio and the scientific literature.
- Implement innovative solutions to the problems at hand.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or other relevant biological science and minimum 2 years’ relevant experience, MS or BS degree and 8 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience with a proven record of accomplishment in the field
- Experience working in a biopharmaceutical environment, synthesizing and designing target molecules, working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong work ethic and working knowledge of drug discovery with focus on generating laboratory results
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; proven ability to effectively present to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Mature with a proven ability to collaborate with and influence others at all levels throughout a diverse organization
- Ability to manage deadlines and prioritize effectively, while maintaining flexibility and able to achieve team/extended team buy-in
- Demonstrates scientific creativity, works independently, and takes initiative
Please apply through our Website: www.arbutusbio.com