Welcome Week

Welcome week was everything that I’d hoped it would be. Buck-I-Frenzy, Convocation, and the Involvement Fair are just a few of true many things that I attended and took part of in this busy week.

My classes so far have been sort of what I expected, but there are a lot of things that I did not expect or anticipate coming into the semester. I did not realize that all the courses I’m taking are only one semester, as opposed to a full year in high school, which in turn means that all the course information will be covered much quicker. This also means that there will be more homework each day for each class in order to cover that material quicker, which is another thing that I did not expect would happen in college. I knew that there was going to be more homework in college, but did not anticipate it to this extent.

Now that I am 2 weeks into my time here at OSU, I am slowly beginning to adjust to living here, although time management is a work in progress. Trying to fit in classes, studying, eating, sleeping, exercising, and relaxing into one day is not an easy task.

Going into my first week of college, I was probably most nervous about meeting new people and making new friends, as I am naturally a quiet and introverted person. However, it has not been as hard as I thought it may be, as I have made a couple good friends already. Most all of my friends that I have made are a part of my scholars program (Architecture, Landscape, and City Scholars) and since we have classes together and will be doing a variety of activities together in the future, I believe these friendships will grow even greater.