Learn About Sleep-Heart Interactions on CME Webcast. The interactions between sleep disorders and heart disease are complex and today on MedNet, we’re going to unravel some of that complexity. Joining us in the studio is pulmonologist, sleep specialist, and Professor of Internal Medicine, Dr. Rami Khayat.
View a video introduction of this webcast
What you’ll learn in this webcast
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to: DISCUSS the mechanism of vascular disease in OSA; and DISCUSS the results of recent trials in the treatment of SDB.
You’ll also learn about the following:
- The relationship between sleep disorders and cardiovascular disorders
- Epidemiology of obstructive sleep apnea
- Office-based screening for sleep apnea
- Screening sleep studies in patients with cardiovascular disease
- New methods for sleep apnea testing
- Clues from the 24-hour blood pressure study
- CPAP versus BiPAP
- New devices for home non-invasive ventilation
You can find this and many other MedNet21 programs on the OSU – CCME website.
Call our MedNet21 Program Manager at 614.293.3473 for more details about subscribing to MedNet21 as a hospital or as an individual. You can also e-mail him at email@example.com.