The Speech Perception & Acoustics Laboratory is located in the Department of Speech and Hearing Science at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
What we study
- Regional dialect variation in American English
- Generational changes in the pronunciation patterns in the United States
- Sociocultural learning in school-age children
- Phonological processing in speech-language disorders
- Second language production and perception
Take a sample
A brief summary of how we study regional pronunciation patterns targeted at a general audience can be accessed here:
Some tabs on this site are UNDER CONSTRUCTION.