The Speech Perception & Acoustics Laboratory is located in the Department of Speech and Hearing Science at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio.
What we study
- Regional and ethnic variation in American English speech
- Sociocultural and perceptual learning in school-age children
- Changes in the pronunciation patterns across human lifespan
- Brain-to-brain synchrony in human speech communication
- Phonological processing in dyslexia
- Perception of voice characteristics
- Second language production and perception
Take a sample
Articles targeted at a general audience can be accessed here:
About the Cover: The cover image is based on the paper The old, the new, and the in-between: Preadolescents’ use of stylistic variation in projecting speech in their own identify in a culturally changing environment, by Ewa Jacewicz and Robert A. Fox. DOI: 10.1111/desc.12722.