Semester in Review

My first semester at Ohio State has allowed me to grow as a person and learn a lot more about myself than I ever thought was possible. The transition to college can be a tough one for many students, but, fortunately, for me, the transition was smoother than I could’ve imagined. Arriving to campus and automatically being surrounded by 120 Mounties that were kind, ambitious, caring, intelligent people, never left me feeling alone. I was never one that had a lot of friends in high school, but college has taught me to surround myself with people who truly care about me and will help me out whenever I need it. College, and Mount, specifically, has taught me the importance of connecting with people and showing them you care. A smile or wave from across campus can go a long way. As a student, I’ve found that it takes a lot of self-motivation and discipline to excel. Luckily for me, these are a couple strengths of mine. Don’t get me wrong – college is hard. But I’ve been able to utilize my resources, seek help when I need it, and manage my time. Overall, I could not have dreamed of a better start to my college career. If my first semester was any indication of what is to come, I cannot wait to see what Ohio State has in store for me!