Artifacts

Mount Summit has definitely been a highlight of Mount Scholars thus far. Summit was an opportunity to listen to keynote speakers and attend sessions that talked about becoming a leader in today’s society. This year’s theme focused on collaboration, which resonated with me because I find myself working in groups or attending study sessions with others quite often. I really enjoyed this experience because there were many different sessions to choose from, and I was able to choose which ones I attended based on my personal interests. I attended Chanel Crawford’s session called “Conquering Collaboration: Working Together to Get it DONE!” She spoke about working together with her business partner and how to overcome their personality clashes and differing opinions. This session gave insight into how important collaboration is in every field and how working together opens doors that you could not have opened by yourself. Second, I attended LTC Jim Bunyak’s session titled “TS=IS: Building and Leading Successful Teams.” I was interested in this session because I would love to lead or manage people during my career. The TS=IS part of his speech was very interesting. LTC Bunyak says, “Team Success is directly proportional to Individual Success.” The concept is simple, but the message speaks to the fact that in order to be successful yourself, you must be able to lead those around you to success as well. Overall, Mount Summit gave an interesting perspective on leadership and collaboration, and I will use what I learned to help me become a better leader each and every day.