About Me

Hi! My name is Maria Zivick and I am a sophomore at The Ohio State University in the Mount Leadership Society Scholars Program. Mount Scholars has provided many opportunities for me to grow in my leadership skills and continue my passion for service. I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering. Growing up in a family of engineers has drawn me toward math and science, and I am excited to see where a career in STEM will take me. My dream job is to work for an aerospace company, such as NASA or Boeing. One of my biggest hobbies outside of the classroom is tennis. I have been playing tennis for over 11 years. Apart from tennis, I enjoy baking, watching movies, trying new foods, traveling, and spending time with my large family. I will stay involved on campus by joining the Club Tennis Team, where I will compete at a high level and travel to tournaments around the country. I am also an active member of Society of Women Engineers. These extracurricular activities have given me a wide variety of experiences and skills that I will use as I move forward in my academic career and beyond.