STEP

The Second-Year Transformational Experience Program has had a great impact on me over this first semester of my sophomore year of college. I have met amazing people who create an inspiring sense of community in our group. My STEP mentor has had the biggest influence on my positive experience regarding this program and has been the one that fostered such a great environment with my peers. Through STEP, I have been able to explore myself and my future. I have learned the power and significance in stepping out of my comfort zone. And, I have explored the possibilities of a study abroad program. Study abroad was not at the top of my college to-do list. I have been very lucky to have had the opportunity to travel to many places in the United States, but I have never been out of the country. Therefore, traveling across the world makes me somewhat nervous. Participating in STEP has shown me the importance of embracing a new culture, stepping into the unknown, and taking advantage of all the amazing things this university and the world has to offer. Because of STEP, I have decided to apply to study abroad in May of 2020. I am so excited to embrace this opportunity to grow and learn more about myself and the world.