Mount Summit: 2018

The Mount Leadership Society Scholars holds an annual Leadership Conference for its members. This year, the focus of the conference was Collaboration. The keynote speaker was one of my favorite parts of the whole conference. Bill Dorenkott, director of swimming and diving at OSU, spoke on vital tools needed to become a better leader and collaborator. He was very engaging, personable, and his message spoke to everyone in the room, no matter their age or background. The conference also gave me the opportunity to connect with upper-class Mount Scholars and listen to two different women speak on their experiences and difficulties with collaboration in healthcare professions. I am very interested in pursuing a degree in the medical field, so it was very engaging for me to hear about and learn from their experiences. The tools and concepts emphasized at Mount Summit can and should be applied to everyone’s lives as we more forward. It helped teach me the importance of collaboration in the workplace and life in general. I will use this knowledge to better myself and pursue a successful future career. Hopefully, my actions can one day inspire others like the speakers and activities at Mount Summit inspired me.