Year in Review

Global Awareness: To develop my Global Awareness, I became a member of the Program for Advancing Scholarship and Service (PASS), a academic learning community for students who have a shared interest in the academic, cultural, career, and community benefits of diversity. Additionally I have taken a course, Anthropology 2202H, that introduced me to different cultures around the world and the anthropology related to the different cultures. I plan to further develop my global awareness by attending a Buck-I-SERV trip in the near future as well as enrolling in future courses that will expand my knowledge of our complex world and the different societies that lie within.

Original Inquiry: Experiences that I have had that have helped me understand the research or creative process would be my involvement in the Leone Lab on campus as well as my continued involvement in the Majumder Lab. These experiences have taught me what goes on in the life of a researcher as well as the thinking and processes involved in research. Additionally, I was introduced to the research process in my Biology 1114H class in which I was able to investigate and test a hypothesis as well as write a research paper. I plan to further develop my original inquiry by continuing with my involvement in research and my current research lab as well as enrolling in advanced course work that may lead to original inquiry.

Academic Enrichment: My Honors Contract demonstrates a commitment to the goal of Academic Enrichment as I have chosen a curriculum that challenges my academic ability wherever possible and a curriculum that relates to my future aspirations of becoming a physician or possibly a researcher.

Leadership Development: I am involved in volunteering, research, and more recently in the Chimes Junior Class Honorary. My involvement in these activities contribute to my development as a leader as these activities develop my interpersonal skills along with my ability to work with my peers and with individuals whom have obtained more experience and knowledge in their fields that I have. My involvement relates to my personal and career goals as these crucial skills are necessary to becoming a great physician. Additionally, I plan on running for a leadership position within Chimes that will allow me to become more involved in the Honorary while simultaneously developing my leadership abilities.

Service Engagement: Service-oriented activities that I have been involved with include activities that I participated in during my involvement in PASS (Good Neighbor’s Picnic, Sole Hope, Buckeye Blanket Bash, and Martin Luther King Day of Service) as well as my activities as a volunteer for the Wexner Medical Center. I plan to further engage with the community through my continuing as a volunteer for the Wexner Medical Center and as an active member of Chimes.