Three Takeaways

Three take away

The first one is carefully planning your tasks. As a university student, I believe that the majority of people are having a lot of work they need to finish each day. And planning your tasks according seems really important. As I mentioned in the previous post about encountering a useful work management tool called Trello. It could help you to visualize how many tasks you need to finish and how your progress within each task. Although there are many different task arrangement tools, even a simple sticker could help you to better arrange your task. And different people have different needs. But no matter which tools you use, planning your tasks before you starting it is really important.

The second one is about time management. Once you figured out how you many tasks you need to finish and how your goanna processes it, the next step is to allocate your time and resources accordingly. People are constantly seeking for pleasure and avoid working or studying. These are human nature, so without proper regulation or reminder, we tend to be procrastinated. But how could we allocate our time properly? Personally, I would do those tasks that take less effort and less time-consuming. After I finish those trivial things I could focus on those bigger and more complex programs. Because tiny works usually take fewer effort and would not need you to continue thinking about the construction and plot flow. But the complex program usually requires deeper thinking and a well-designed plan. So instead of rushing to finish the biggest challenge at the very beginning, I would rather save more time for thinking and constructing about how I am going to approach this task. This is really beneficial in academic studying. Once I finished some little discussion, I would cross it out at my calendar, it not only provides me with a sense of achievement but made me also less nervous about what its deadline and I can pay more attention to the long paper.

The last one is about long-distance group learning. Although during this class we are not assigned into groups and do some works, I actually felt the advantage of having somebody to look your point of view and provide feedback. Every week we have a discussion about certain topics, and we should also reply to others’ answers. At first, I was not familiar with this kind of discussion form since I used to just post my replying toward the professor’s question and did not look at other students’ posts. But after several weeks, I found that whether others’ replying for me or my suggestion for them is helpful for both of us. I could get more profound and diverse thoughts about my answers and also I get to see what other people’s attitudes toward the same case. It is really helpful for us to learn from each other.