Earth Month Action Plan

For the first week of Earth Month, I plan on taking the pledge to “stamp out stigma”, and sharing this pledge with people I know in order to raise awareness. For the second week, I plan on creating posters to spread awareness throughout Ohio State. In my third week, I will spread these posters across campus to raise awareness. Finally, I hope in my fourth week to either complete a piece of artwork promoting mental health awareness or a video promoting mental health awareness.

I think it might be difficult to spread the word about taking the “stamp out stigma” pledge. I want to share it in a way that will get people’s attention, so that it isn’t just something they brush over on social media. Creating the posters may be a challenge because I have to deal with printing. I get free printing at the psychology undergraduate computer lab, but that is only in black and white. I may try to create posters that only need to be in black and white, but I want to do so successfully. Spreading the posters across campus will be challenging due to the fact that, quite simply, our  campus is huge. I will have to plan exactly where I want my posters to be seen. The most challenging task I will complete is either the piece of artwork or video to raise awareness. This is mainly due to the time aspect, as it will be finals week and I will be worrying about all of my exams coming up. I am hoping to work on whatever it is I decide to do throughout the entire month, but plan on finishing it up in the fourth week of Earth Month.