Columbus To-Do List Part Two

img_7401

For three of my five Columbus-to-do list events, Alyssa and I devoted a day to exploring Columbus. We first went to Kittie’s Cakes. I purchased a cookies and cream cupcake, and it was very good! I want to try all of the different flavors that they have, especially the buckeye cupcake. I would definitely recommend this to a friend who is craving a darn good cupcake. I would return here, but only if I very much need a cupcake. It was good, but cupcakes are not my favorite sweet. I will probably try their whoopie pies if I ever do go back.

img_7400Next, Alyssa and I walked over to Pistachio Vera. This was amazing. Pistacia Vera easily makes my top two list, although I am saving the best for last. I purchased an apple butter macaron, and I felt extremely fancy for doing so. I have only ever had a macaron once before this, and that macaron was also from Pistacia Vera. I must say, I am a huge fan. Not only are the macarons delicious and adorable, there are also TONS of other yummy looking foods here. I mean, seriously, I could have just bought the entire store. The fact that they sell coffee is an added bonus. I would recommend this to a friend any day, and will definitely be returning here so that I can buy more delicious macarons.

img_7390Our Columbus adventure came to an end when Alyssa and I finished at Graeter’s Ice-cream. I had never been to Graeter’s, and now I know exactly where to take my friends and family who come to visit me at Ohio State. This ice cream is amazing. Given, I love almost every ice cream there is (hence why I am doing the dessert-themed Columbus to-do list). However, this was a very unique ice cream experience. Although I did not like the atmosphere as much as Jeni’s, I thought the actual ice-cream was pretty darn good. In order to compare it to Jeni’s in terms of flavor, I think I’ll need to return to each place and try more flavors. I got Graeter’s signature flavor, black raspberry chocolate chip. I do not generally get fruity ice-cream since I like vanilla-based flavors so much, but this was very good. I would absolutely come here again!

img_7285My absolute favoritimg_7402e destination during my Columbus to-do list experience has been Rocket Fizz Soda Pop and Candy Shop. This was so much fun. I went with my family when they were down visiting, and they loved it! The shop itself is awesome- there are unique signs hung all over the walls, and there is candy and soda everywhere. I got a huge bag of frooties, which is probably my favorite candy ever that I can never find anywhere! I also got a black cherry cream soda. I don’t normally drink pop because I do not like the way it tastes, but cream soda is different. If it wasn’t so bad for me, I would drink that stuff all the time. By far, this place is a necessity for people to go to. It is not a matter of if I will be returning, but when.

In terms of the city of Columbus, I have learned that it really is not at all difficult to navigate and get around. Taking the buses is honestly easy, and as long as you are in town there is a bus stop to get you where you need to go. I feel a lot less restrained to campus now that I’ve gone exploring, and that is a great feeling. Going through Columbus with Alyssa has lead me to want to discover more parks, as some of her list that we completed had parks on it. I realized that getting to parks and green spaces was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I would recommend that anyone who completes this list spreads it out and allows for full enjoyment of each experience. Take your family to some of the places, or go out and have a taste-test day like I did! Definitely bring someone, though, so that you can enjoy all the sweets together.

One thought on “Columbus To-Do List Part Two

1. I AM SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW! I love the list you did Carol! I hope you and Alyssa had a lot of fun completing it. Also, fun fact, Graeter’s ice cream originated in Cincinnati. The shops there have a much cooler atmosphere, worry not! You have a really fun writing style 🙂