Get To Know Me!

Hello!

My name is Sara Wendel. I am a rising junior at The Ohio State University from Hilliard, Ohio. I am studying Public Management, Leadership and Policy through the John Glenn College of Public Affairs and pursuing minors in History and Economics. I hope to attend law school and become a civil rights attorney. Although it is not my major, I have always been a lover of history and am eager to get a glimpse of the reality of World War II and experience the places that I’ve only read about in books.

On campus, I am a University Ambassador, an active member of the sorority Kappa Alpha Theta and the student organization Advocates for Women of the World. Additionally, I formerly participated in the Undergraduate Student Government and the Women’s Glee Club. Each of these organizations has given me opportunities for leadership within committees. As a result, I have become very passionate and committed to raising awareness about the prevalence of sexual violence on college campuses along with many fellow Buckeyes.

I am incredibly excited and blessed to be participating in such an amazing program as this one, and for the opportunity to see and appreciate the history that Europe has to offer, especially in regards to World War II. Some highlights of the trip that I am excited to visit are the Churchill War Rooms in London, walking along the Utah and Omaha Beaches, touring Auschwitz and the Olympic Stadium in Berlin. In my free time, I am excited to visit the Warner Brothers Studios in London where the Harry Potter series was filmed, the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre museum in Paris.

I am looking forward to writing more about my trip soon!

Go Bucks,

Sara Wendel