Wooster Campus Staff Council has been very busy over the last two quarters of 2017. Here’s the latest:
- Spotlight on Staff continues to give staff a chance to get to know a fellow employee plus the winner gets a $25 gift card too. In our last update we shared the January and February winners– Valerie Childress (ATI), Sam Bauder (Research Ops). This update we recognize the March through August winners: Vijay Chaganti (SENR), Chris DePaulo (Wooster Campus Facilities Services), Bruce Williams (Research Ops…now retired), Robin Frazier (CFAES HR Services supporting ATI), Amy Eubanks (Wooster Campus Facilities Services), and Dick Miller (Wooster Campus Facilities Services). Winners are randomly drawn from a staff employee PeopleSoft Report. Stay tuned…September and October winners will be announced next week.
- Food Trucks were popular again this year with Food Truck Day offered in May, June, and July. Our challenge continues to find food truck vendors without a guaranteed dollar requirement. Flamingo Jack’s, Quite Frank, and Get Stuffed rounded out our vendors this year serving delicious entrees.
- Wooster Campus Gives Back had several opportunities for staff to give volunteer time to Secrest Gardens in June and October. Our numbers were not large, but the contributions made were greatly appreciated. Thank you to all that donated to our 2-Day “Pop Up” Donation for Hurricane Harvey Relief.
- Staff Appreciation Day was held for Wooster Campus on July 27, 2017 with a new “ice cream treat option” via Hartzler’s Family Dairy ice cream trailer dispensing five flavors of ice cream in cups or cones or popsicles. Factoid—490 “You Shine Gold Coins” were collected by Hartzler’s Dairy from our staff employees at this event to say THANK YOU for all you do to support Wooster Campus!
- FunFest was held at ATI/Skou Hall this year on August 17 providing a great meal, games, and fellowship for all of Wooster Campus employees. Again this year the weather did not cooperate to have the Obstacle Course event…maybe next year! Despite the weather over 225 employees attended.
- Wayne County Fair our Wooster Campus booth featured Entomology, ATI and takes many hands to get set up, manned, and torn down. We appreciate all that helped make it successful. FACTOID—72 volunteers are needed to man the booth from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday through Thursday.
- Five members of our WCSC will attending the Regional Campus Staff Council gathering at OSU Marion Campus on November 3 that is hosted by USAC (OSU University Staff Council). This is a first time event to meet for exchange of how our councils work and ideas we can share to improve or share at our locations.
- Wooster Campus Gives Back – Salvation Bell Ringing opportunity
- Bylaw update to tighten up a few areas
- Apparel purchases – we will be communicating a new process to order online or paper form to purchase logo apparel items along with setting up a display at ATI of items available for purchase at Research Services
- Completing the design of a Wooster Campus Staff Council informational brochure
- Election of officers for 2018 and replacement for members whose terms have expired
- Preparation for the Wooster Campus Staff Council Annual Meeting to be held in January, 2018
I think it is important for Wooster Campus Staff to recognize that all the work, planning, execution is done is by a fantastic group of dedicated volunteers on Wooster Campus Staff Council. Please take a moment to say thank you when you see Jean Haught, Mike Franks, Travis Morris, Jennifer Schrock, Cathy Herms, Maria (MaElena) Hernandez Gonzalez, Whitney Briggs, Robin Frazier, Penny Nemitz, Beth Rigsby (South Centers), Kayla Arnold, Cassie Sewell, Kim Sayers, Brandon Lawwill, Bryan Dodrill, and Carolyn Heydon. Their dedication is greatly appreciated by this Chair, too!
View the photo collages from the Wooster Staff Council events by clicking the links below.
First Quarter: 2017 Photo Collage WSC 1st Qtr-2ibrrdc
Second and Third Quarter: 2017 Photo Collage WSC 2nd and 3rd Qtr Update-1oe4b61