The Wooster Campus Staff Council is looking for feedback on current programs and future ideas so that we can better serve our campus. The survey should take approximately 5 minutes and responses are anonymous. At the end of the survey, you will have the option to enter a drawing using your email address. The survey will remain open until April 20th, and after that date we will randomly select two winners to receive a $25 gift card.
If you have any questions, please contact Penny Nemitz.7 or Kayla Arnold.1065.
The 9th Annual Wooster Campus Staff Council Chili Cook-Off was a success! A total of 148 people attended the event and voted for their favorites from 10 red chili and 2 white chili entries. Mike and Roberta Franks were crowned the Red Chili Champions with Randy Nemitz making it into 2nd place. Mick Steiner won the White Chili category for the second year in a row, with Penny Nemitz as the runner up. At the event, we collected 2 ½ boxes of non-perishable items and a total of $114 to donate to the Buck-I-Eat program! We also had left over chili, potatoes, crackers, and drinks that were donated to the Salvation Army. Thanks to everyone who attended or assisted in any way to make this a great event! Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions.
The 9th annual Wooster Campus Staff Council Chili Cook-off will be held on February 28th. We will be collecting donations of non-perishable food items and essential hygiene items (tooth brushes, deodorant, etc.) at the event which will benefit the Buck-I-Eat program for OSU Wooster Campus students. Monetary donations will also be accepted.
The 2018 Staff Council Annual Meeting was held on January 17th. New members were introduced, and outgoing chair Martha Bollinger provided an overview of last year’s events. Treasurer Michael Franks provided a report on Staff Council’s Books, and incoming Chair Penny Nemitz gave an overview of the coming events for 2018. Guest Speakers Juliette Hanson and Seth Walker gave a very interesting presentation providing attendees a better understanding of the rigorous regulations that the PAAR facility and its projects must go through to come to fruition.
The Wooster Campus Staff Council has developed a new order form for apparel items. For instructions on how to order items, please see our apparel ordering page.
Wooster Campus Staff Council has been very busy over the last two quarters of 2017. Here’s the latest:
- Spotlight on Staff continues to give staff a chance to get to know a fellow employee plus the winner gets a $25 gift card too. In our last update we shared the January and February winners– Valerie Childress (ATI), Sam Bauder (Research Ops). This update we recognize the March through August winners: Vijay Chaganti (SENR), Chris DePaulo (Wooster Campus Facilities Services), Bruce Williams (Research Ops…now retired), Robin Frazier (CFAES HR Services supporting ATI), Amy Eubanks (Wooster Campus Facilities Services), and Dick Miller (Wooster Campus Facilities Services). Winners are randomly drawn from a staff employee PeopleSoft Report. Stay tuned…September and October winners will be announced next week.
- Food Trucks were popular again this year with Food Truck Day offered in May, June, and July. Our challenge continues to find food truck vendors without a guaranteed dollar requirement. Flamingo Jack’s, Quite Frank, and Get Stuffed rounded out our vendors this year serving delicious entrees.
- Wooster Campus Gives Back had several opportunities for staff to give volunteer time to Secrest Gardens in June and October. Our numbers were not large, but the contributions made were greatly appreciated. Thank you to all that donated to our 2-Day “Pop Up” Donation for Hurricane Harvey Relief.
- Staff Appreciation Day was held for Wooster Campus on July 27, 2017 with a new “ice cream treat option” via Hartzler’s Family Dairy ice cream trailer dispensing five flavors of ice cream in cups or cones or popsicles. Factoid—490 “You Shine Gold Coins” were collected by Hartzler’s Dairy from our staff employees at this event to say THANK YOU for all you do to support Wooster Campus!
- FunFest was held at ATI/Skou Hall this year on August 17 providing a great meal, games, and fellowship for all of Wooster Campus employees. Again this year the weather did not cooperate to have the Obstacle Course event…maybe next year! Despite the weather over 225 employees attended.
- Wayne County Fair our Wooster Campus booth featured Entomology, ATI and takes many hands to get set up, manned, and torn down. We appreciate all that helped make it successful. FACTOID—72 volunteers are needed to man the booth from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday through Thursday.
- Five members of our WCSC will attending the Regional Campus Staff Council gathering at OSU Marion Campus on November 3 that is hosted by USAC (OSU University Staff Council). This is a first time event to meet for exchange of how our councils work and ideas we can share to improve or share at our locations.
- Wooster Campus Gives Back – Salvation Bell Ringing opportunity
- Bylaw update to tighten up a few areas
- Apparel purchases – we will be communicating a new process to order online or paper form to purchase logo apparel items along with setting up a display at ATI of items available for purchase at Research Services
- Completing the design of a Wooster Campus Staff Council informational brochure
- Election of officers for 2018 and replacement for members whose terms have expired
- Preparation for the Wooster Campus Staff Council Annual Meeting to be held in January, 2018
I think it is important for Wooster Campus Staff to recognize that all the work, planning, execution is done is by a fantastic group of dedicated volunteers on Wooster Campus Staff Council. Please take a moment to say thank you when you see Jean Haught, Mike Franks, Travis Morris, Jennifer Schrock, Cathy Herms, Maria (MaElena) Hernandez Gonzalez, Whitney Briggs, Robin Frazier, Penny Nemitz, Beth Rigsby (South Centers), Kayla Arnold, Cassie Sewell, Kim Sayers, Brandon Lawwill, Bryan Dodrill, and Carolyn Heydon. Their dedication is greatly appreciated by this Chair, too!
View the photo collages from the Wooster Staff Council events by clicking the links below.
First Quarter: 2017 Photo Collage WSC 1st Qtr-2ibrrdc
Second and Third Quarter: 2017 Photo Collage WSC 2nd and 3rd Qtr Update-1oe4b61