Prevent Winter House Fires and CO Poisoning

Winter is a time for holiday decorations and staying warm.  Many of us live and/or work in older structures and use alternative means of heat such as; wood burning stoves and fireplaces, space heaters, and fuel fired furnaces.  The National Fire Protection Association has some great information and infographics on how to avoid potential disastrous events during this cold but happy time of year.  Read more here.  You can also check out this video of a Christmas tree fire, it is very eye opening.

Also check out this great article by Lisa Pfeifer from OSU Ag Safety and Health Education about carbon monoxide and ways to protect yourself against this silent killer.

Stay safe out there and enjoy this winter season!