G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness

In the future I plan on volunteering at the hospital and participate in research. Doing such opportunities will expose me to a wide variety of people, ideas, and experiences. However, right now I am not able to participate in these activities, but in my Introduction to Humanities Class I am able to experience students of different cultures and ideologies and build off of them. I am also involved in the Vietnamese Student Association. This allows me to explore a culture different from mine and expand my horizons.

Original Inquiry

Over the summer I am going to try and get a shadowing opportunity at a sports medicine doctor’s office and volunteer at a hospital in Michigan. Coming into freshman year I applied to volunteer at the James but did not get a position, so in a couple semesters I plan on reapplying again.

Academic Enrichment

Throughout my time at The Ohio State University I plan on attending office hours along with working with professors if I need help.

Leadership development

I am in med club and I plan on putting in hours and hopefully becoming a president or gaining a leadership position of the club in the future. Also, I plan on joining some sports clubs or making my own team for an intramural sport and becoming a captain.

Service Engagement

Over winter break I am participating in a Buck-I-Serv trip for community collaborations in Biloxi, Mississippi where we will be doing clean up and various other tasks for a week. I plan on doing more of these trips and would also like to volunteer in an animal shelter.