Helix Tri-Beta Presidency

Ohio State has a plethora of student organizations, that allow students to be active with their diverse interests. I am extremely focused on my academic advancement, so an honorary was the perfect fit for me. I applied, interviewed, and was inducted into Helix Tri-Beta at the start of the autumn semester in my second year at OSU. Helix is the biological sciences honorary for The Ohio State University, and I have come to admire and cherish their hardworking and inviting community of dedicated students and faculty. Since joining the honorary a year ago, I have made many friends and had opportunities to prove myself and my leadership capabilities. Through the honorary, as an active member, I was able to engage in networking events, community outreach, and next generation recruitment efforts.

As of this last election, I am the president-elect of the honorary, so my term as president is for the 2020-2021 school year, when I am a senior. For the upcoming year I am the president elect, so I will be working closely with the current president and learning how to best lead the organization. Upon reaching presidency, I with strive to uphold the honorary’s core values, to further the interest in biological sciences among students, and provide both assistance and resources for the scholarly students and faculty members who work to make advancements in the field of biological sciences here at The Ohio State University.