Explore Columbus 3

For our final explore Columbus activity, Paige Kovacs and I went to lunch at First Watch. We went with my roommate, Claire Burke, and her mentee, Margo Hunter. We went the week before exams, so it was a great break from studying to destress and catch up with one another. Because First Watch is so close, Paige, Margo, Claire, and I meant in the lobby of Smith Steeb Hall and walked to the restaurant together. We chose to go somewhere close because everyone was so busy with exams, and we did not want to waste time traveling somewhere rather than the actual experience. We had all been to First Watch before, and we all loved it. On the way to the restaurant, I was ranting about how amazing their iced coffee was, Paige and Margo agreed, but Claire had never ordered coffee there. When we arrived, we all ordered the iced coffee. Claire immediately knew what we meant when we said First Watch has the best iced coffee. First Watch has a large menu with many breakfast and lunch options. It took us a while to figure out what we wanted. Everyone ordered and we began catching up on our lives and how Margo and Paige’s first year at The Ohio State University was going. Paige is now an active member of Delta Omega Kappa. This is so exciting for the both of us because that means that we will still see each other every week next year at our chapter meetings. Paige also has a position on the 2018-2019 Advocates for Communities and Education Scholars leadership council. Paige will be the social co-chair. She will be amazing at this role, and I told her to contact me with absolutely any questions she has about the position. Margo, Claire, and Paige joked about how Paige is a miniature version of me because we are so similar. We are in the same major, sorority, and she is going to be the same position that I was on leadership council. Margo expressed concerns about having enough time to do everything next year. She explained that she may be dropping Advocates for Communities and Education Scholars. Claire and I encouraged her to stick with it, and we told her that it will be worth it in the end. Margo is a dance major, and she explained that she will have rehearsals and shows, but the scholars group offers many events and opportunities to complete the requirements. I hope Claire and I convinced her to stay in it because she is an awesome addition to the scholars group, as well as Paige. Our food arrived and everyone was happy with what they ordered. After finishing our meal, we stayed at the restaurant and continued talking. We began talking about our summer plans. Paige will be spending her summer in Cincinnati, where her and her family are from. Paige has plans to work at Bath and Body Works this summer. She will be a sales associate there. Paige is hoping to save up as much money as possible before moving back to Columbus in the fall. She is also planning a trip to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to visit her friend, Braylee. Braylee is a good friend that Paige meant in Advocates for Communities and Education Scholars. Braylee has come to visit Paige in Cincinnati, so Paige is super excited to visit her hometown. Margo is planning on going home to Dallas, Texas this summer. She also plans on getting a summer job and catching up with friends and family. Claire will be going back to New Jersey this summer. She has an internship where she will be working from nine to five, Monday through Friday. Everyone has an extremely busy summer, and before we know it, we will be back in Columbus together again. Paige and I made plans to meet up this summer. We are both from Cincinnati, and we only live about thirty minutes away from one another. Unfortunately, Claire and Margo live much farther away, but I have no doubt in my mind that we will meet up next year. Paige, Margo, Claire, and I always have a great time when we get together, and this experience was no exception. First Watch was delicious, but it was so fun to take a break from studying and catch up with these girls.