Columbus To Do – Part 2

Since my last post, I have visited four more outdoor spaces! This includes Goodale Park, Bicentennial Park, Portal Park, and the Whetstone Park of Roses. I personally found the Park of Roses to be my favorite, even though when I went a lot of the flowers were dead. The trails were really relaxing to walk around and its a common place to take your dog, which i really enjoyed seeing. The Park of Roses was completely new to me, and same goes for Portal Park. Portal Park was definitely smaller compared to the other parks and had some really interesting graffiti. It’s also a popular place for the Pokémon Go community, which I happen to be apart of.

The other two parks, Goodale and Bicentennial Park, we happened to visit on our scholars trip to Columbus in the beginning of the year. Since we didn’t explore them entirely, I decided to go back with a friend and see if either of them had more to offer. Goodale only had a playground I didn’t see on the scholars trip, but I got to walk around Victorian Village which I really enjoyed! I decided to go back to Bicentennial Park because it reminds me a lot of Smale Park in Cincinnati, which is close to my home. They both are on Riverfronts, in between two bridges, and have unique contemporary sculptures. It was definitely comforting since I haven’t been home since fall break.

To someone who may be doing the same list as me, I think its easiest to choose the parks on google maps first and then taking a bus to get to them, rather than just going out and hoping to run into a park. This project definitely gave me a bigger perspective of what Columbus has to offer outside of unique dining and things you have to buy. Sometimes its nice to just go out with a friend and walk around an unfamiliar place and discover new things. When spring comes around again and (hopefully) it gets warmer, I would like to revisit some of these places, such as the Park of Roses. Here are some pictures from the parks.