2nd Year in Review

Despite the unforeseen COVID-19 pandemic, my second year at OSU is honestly no comparison to my first year. I did a lot better academically, made more friends, and was able to have a lot more fun. My mental health improved tremendously. I found myself able to sleep more and study less, all while doing the necessary classwork to keep my GPA up. My 2nd year was so awesome that I can’t even believe my freshman year was so bad. I honestly feel like my 2nd year is what my first year should have been like. Although I feel my first year was somewhat wasted, I am delighted that my 2nd-year basically made up for it.

In my first semester of year 2 (AU2019), I took Spanish 11155, Intro to Film, OChem 1, and Bio 1113. These classes all went well, except Ochem, which I plan to retake SP2021 in order to be a better competitor for vet school programs that I plan on applying to.

In my second semester of year 2 (SP2020), I took Spanish 3, Criticizing TV (a writing class), Ochem lab 1, Bio1114, and Psych1100. These classes went very well also. This semester was one of the best semesters I have ever had academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. This is the semester that I feel I have finally gotten used to college life and all that comes with it.

Currently (SU2020) I am taking Stats 2450 and Comm2110 (public speaking). So far I am truly enjoying these classes and my summer!

As far as community is concerned, I had a great residence life experience. I was blessed to be accepted membership into the Sophomore Learning and Involvement (SLIC) and serve as a representative of the Learning Community Hall Council. All members of SLIC lived in The Residence on 10th, which is known to be the best dorm on campus. It was such a blessing to live there!!😩 I honestly wish I could go back.

In conclusion, my 2nd year was truly an amazing experience, I would probably repeat it if I could. My 2nd year at OSU has given me hope that my next two years of college won’t ever end up like my 1st. It has given me hope to keep moving forward and pushing through adversity, even when I struggle. I cant wait to see what my last 2 years hold. 😄