WK Winter Guard 2018

First Day at OSU

Abbott New York Stock Exchange Trip

Hello! My name is Yasmine Wilford and the major that I came to OSU for is Chemical Engineering. I graduated for Worthington Kilbourne High School and I work as a color guard instructor for the Northridge HS Marching Band. During college I plan to get into Drum Corps International in the summers and possibly Winter Guard International in the winters. After the involvement fair, I decided to join a few clubs including National Society of Black Engineers, Engineering Without Borders, Society of Women Engineers, and the Hammock club. I love the concepts of math and science so I furthered my skills by interning for 3 summers with a company called Abbott. These summers lead me to pursue engineering and I wouldn’t change it for the world as it truly explained what projects engineers work on and helped me gather soft skills for business settings. My goals in life are to stay positive, constantly learn, and to try new things every once in a while, while understanding and maintaining the importance for a daily routine. Few fun facts are that I love to watch anime, stay organized, and try new things when my schedule allows me to do so. I’ll take any recommendations on places to study or eat and I’d love to meet new people!

My Personality Strengths

Love

When taking the strengths test, I hadn’t expected it to be considered as a strength, but am not shocked that it was my number 1! I know I have a huge heart and am will to give anyone the time of day when I know I have the time to. I love getting active in clubs, meeting knew people, trying new things, and hang out with my friends. It is something I’ve always valued and a mixture of work and play is what keeps life fun and productive for me.

All Ya Need Is Love!

Image result for all you need is love

Patience

Knowing that love is my number one, this one was a bit expected too. An open mind is the best one and being able to express acceptance and a willingness to understand how others truly are feeling makes me feel like I do my part in being a human. Emotions make life exciting and assuring that everyone has someone to confide in without worrying that they are being a bother to said person is another thing that I value. As far as my work ethic, I would say that my patience goes through the roof! I handle situations well and always react with a positive mindset because I know that there’s always a better side of something and I’ve just gotta get to it.

Image result for breath and lets get through this

Kindness

I LOVE BEING HAPPY! There is so much good in the world and we need to spread it! You never know how someone may be feeling and maybe a smile is all they need to make their day just a bit better. No matter who someone may be, respect is always necessary, whether you agree with a decision of theirs or not: being kind is the cherry one top of this statement! When working in a team, this can be done in many forms such as listening to all as they speak, encouraging the idea of getting work done, and being flexible and understanding with time and money aspect of projects.

Image result for kindness

All of these are strengths that I value very-much-so and have held true to who I am as a person. Now that I have acknowledged it, I will try to incorporate my strengths into the work that I do throughout my college experience!

One thought on “About Me

1. Yasmine, look forward to talking to you. Seems you have been selected for my scholarship. Below are my coordinates.
    Pankaj Shah
    +1 (312) 749 2970
    Shahelmhurst@yahoo. Com