IA Involvement Fair

I attended the International Affairs Involvement fair, which fulfills the campus category; this event took place on September 11th on the Smith Steeb lawn. This event was very beneficial to me as it offered me opportunities to network and see the vast amount of clubs Ohio State has, especially those centralized around global issues. At the fair, I was able to sign up for clubs I had not seen or had not had the time to read information about at the massive involvement fair on the Oval. I signed up for the Alexander Hamilton club and for the University Democrats. This event was beneficial to me as signing up for clubs that have members with interests similar to mine will help me both network and make new friends. While I did not sign up for every club there, speaking to the leaders of many different clubs, such as Amnesty International, opened my eyes to the wide variety of politically cognizant and volunteering based clubs on campus. Additionally, I was not registered to vote before the fair and I noticed that the Ohio Votes booth was there and I registered to vote. Overall, the fair helped me meet new people and be more aware of what I can be apart of on campus.