Team USA Tournament in Montreal Oct 14-21 (Campus)

Hi guys! I’m back to tell about an exciting seven-day event I participated in from October 14th, 2019, to October 21st in Montreal, Canada. I was chosen to play along side eleven other women on Team USA for Team Handball. Playing on a national team was truly an honor and experience I will never forget. In huddle, our coach always reminded us that we are here for a reason and should wear USA on our backs proudly. I learned so much about the game of handball, and how to interact with other teams and refs that might not understand English. Our team was composed of girls that play all around the world for different school and club teams. Bonding and building chemistry with them off the court was difficult at times, but proved to be very rewarding on the court. A trip like this is exactly what the International Affairs Scholars Program is about: Connecting with those around us, exposing ourselves to new people, and maximizing our opportunities to learn. In my exit interview with the coaches, they emphasized how coachable I was, how I connected with the other women, how hard I worked, and then offered me the opportunity to tryout for the next tournament. I believe that the International Affairs Scholars Program prepared me for opportunities like this tournament where I was forced to assimilate to several other cultures and living styles as all the teams were housed in the same hotel. I hope to use the connections I made during the week to help advance the Ohio State Team Handball Club.