World Trivia Night 10-6-19 (Social)

Hello! This week I attended the International Affairs World Trivia Night on October 6th, 2019, in the Sky Lounge of Smith-Steeb at 7:30pm. I really enjoyed the event as I got to meet other International Affairs Scholar Program members. It can be difficult to get to know everyone in the program because there are so many of us. Additionally, this was a great time to relax and have fun with a friendly competition after doing homework all day on Sunday. To give a recap of the night, we split up into teams of two once everyone had arrived. My partner was a good friend of mine, Seth Cotler. He is also a first-year student and lives on the eighth floor right down the hall. We called ourselves “The Dream Team.” The trivia was an international quiz that tested us using the outlines of countries and then various flags. Identifying the different countries solely based off of their outline was a little difficult because there was no indication of size or context clues in the pictures. On the contrary, the flags were much easier to associate with the correct country because most of us had already familiarized ourselves with them before. Overall, Seth and I worked together to consult eachother on the best answer and trusted eachother’s initial instincts when one of us was not sure of the correct answer. We ended up finishing in third place, which won us some nifty IA gear. Altogether, this event showed me that it is ok to take a break sometimes to have fun and get to know the people around you.