Final Project & Reflection

Final Project Overview

For my final project I have chosen to analyze different social and political factors in the United States, South America (Brazil), and Western Europe (Ireland) that affect agriculture. These are three different countries who all encounter different challenges and opportunities that affect production practices and policies and I have chosen to compare and contrast them.

Final Project Reflection

In the end, there are a lot of different factors affecting production agriculture in different countries. Even though only 1.3 billion people are directly involved with farming, 2.6 billion people around the world depend on agriculture for their livelihoods. Agriculture supplies feed, fuel, biomass, and food for all of the 7 billion people that live in the world, which makes it a highly essential industry that is depended on by virtually everyone. So it is important to consider what affects agriculture in different countries and how the landscapes in different countries can have effects on products available across the world. Ultimately, collaboration is crucial to feed the growing population, and it will be important to consider different social and political factors, as we continue to work together to feed the world.

Pecha Kucha.pptx

Global Option Final Reflection/Accomplishments

The College of Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Sciences Global Option has been a good experience during my final semester of college, which has drawn together both of my study abroad experiences and different classes that I have taken over the past four years. I hope that I can continue on in my international journal and approach future endeavors with intention and passion to build on global mindset that I have begun developing during my collegiate career.