Leadership Development

I am getting involved with the GES Mentorship program and getting to know people in my classes. Within these groups, I am demonstrating a willingness to learn and help other people if they require assistance or wish to discuss anything with me. Additionally, being an Office Assistant in my dorm allowed me to further connect with my peers and make more friends in my dorm.

Service Engagement

In Green Engineering Scholars and within other service groups, I plan to assist the community around me by filling community service hours for my GES group and by doing service every month for the community I am a part of. Some of my commitments to the community have shown me how certain communities around Columbus have limited resources and are less fortunate than other communities, but these communities are still strong and work together to achieve their goals.

After a Year:

Looking back at my goals that I set for myself, I held myself to my goal of being involved with my community and being involved around the Columbus area, doing community service and getting involved in my dorm. I feel like I could be doing more to be a leader, and I understand that it’s hard because I naturally stray away from positions like that. Developing my skills and gaining experience as a leader is still on my to-do list, and I definitely need to keep things related to Global Awareness in the front of my mind. Understanding other students and being able listen to any opinion while still having a discussion is paramount to communication skills in the real world. I am proud of how far I have come, although it’s also shown me how far I still have yet to go.