Lawyer?

Recently, I’ve been considering the prospect of going to law school and becoming a lawyer. Here are the pros and cons I’ve been rolling over in my head over the past week:

Pros:

1. Becoming a lawyer is incredibly challenging, something that can be seen in the way that the words “law school” intimidates some undergraduates. Law students are typically the top of their class, have to work an insane amount of hours, and are stressed beyond belief. Although this may discourage some from pursuing law school, the challenge excites me.
  2. Arguing in court seems like a blast. The courtroom had a certain appeal to me when I visited it a couple weeks ago with my PSL class.
  3. Becoming a lawyer brings with it a tremendous amount of occupational prestige.

Cons:

1. I would be spending my time working in an office rather than out in the world like I would prefer.
  2. I would be in debt over $100,000 if I attended law school. This would take forever to pay off too; I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I took a corporate job just for the money.