- Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc.
- Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. For example, consider research, creative productions or performances, advanced course work, etc.
- Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
- Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
- Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.
I’ve been most involved with Academic Enrichment and Global Awareness so far. Obviously I’ve been going to school and challenging myself as much as possible for years and have only continued after coming to Ohio State. I have also traveled abroad many times, even as a student ambassador. So, I really hope to continue travelling to broaden my horizons and learn more about the world.
In order to actualize these G.O.A.L.S., I will…
- Develop a deeper appreciation for the diversity of people, ideas and opinions
- Contribute to the creation and development of knowledge
- Pursue academic excellence with integrity and recognize learning as a life-long endeavor
- Identify strengths to become an effective and ethical leader
- Utilize personal talents to improve the human condition