I am an environmental science professional with a wide range of experience working with students, professions, and the public in environmental practices, natural resource management and education. I have several years of experience working and collaborating with the faculty and staff within the School of Environment and Natural Resources (SENR) at The Ohio State University (OSU). I am skilled in instructional technology tools and extremely passionate about providing undergraduate students with an excellent educational experience at OSU. I have several years of experience mentoring and teaching students in SENR, as well as supervising student employees at OSU. I have an in-depth knowledge of classes and curriculum within the SENR at OSU and experience working with higher education instructional technologies (e.g., Carmen. Canvas, Pressbooks, iBooks, iTunes U, WordPress). I have also worked with elementary students, middle-school students, high-school students, college students and professionals in classroom and field settings giving presentations and guided tours, teaching classes, as well as writing book chapters, white papers and field guides.
The Ohio State University, B.S. Environmental Science, December, 2016
Specialization in Ecosystem Restoration, Minor in Sustainable Agriculture
SENR Instructional Aids Associate, The Ohio State University, 2016 – Present
- Assist faculty and staff in constructing and managing courses using instructional technology, specifically the course ENR 2100, Introduction to Environmental Science.
- Initiate new, accessible content and support within SENR courses to more efficiently meet the needs of students.
- Supervise student instructional assistants within ENR 2100 and the overall course grading.
- Assist in the facilitation of the ENR 2100 Environmental Science Student Poster Symposium (both live and new personally constructed virtual version) with upwards of 1,000 students.
- Promote the use of technology in the classroom and online learning in the school, especially through the use of open resources.
SENR Student Administrative Assistant, The Ohio State University, 2014 – 2016
- Manage the calendars of the School of Environment and Natural Resources’ academic advisors and assist undergraduate students in scheduling appointments.
- Answer general scheduling questions for undergraduate students as well as manage all types of academic paperwork for the school.
- Correspond with SENR faculty and staff members on a daily basis completing administrative tasks, which require a great attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Acquired familiarity with all SENR’s classes and general workings of the school, including online resources.
- Developed exemplary communication skills through working with undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and staff.
Field Station Assistant, Stone Laboratory, The Ohio State University, 2016
- Led public tours of the Ohio State owned Lighthouse on South Bass Island, corresponded with the public and answered Lake Erie and Stone Lab related inquiries.
- Assisted in the Aquatic Visitor Center leading tours, children’s fishing activities, and gained knowledge of the Lake Erie fishes and ecosystems to inform the public.
Wildlife Management Intern, ODNR Division of Wildlife District 1 Office, 2015
- Assisted and co-presented educational programs for community youth and professionals, developing leadership skills and the ability to communicate and disseminate information to the public.
- Completed many wildlife management projects including bird banding, animal trapping, wildlife surveys, and Peregrine Falcon blog site.
- Served as the Lead Demonstrator at the Ohio State Fair Youth Fishing Pond and instructed youth on proper fishing techniques.
- Corresponded with other office members to enter and record wildlife survey data and information, as well as developed basic lesson plans for youth in school and field day settings.
- Assisted in development of youth curriculum for wildlife management presentations and field days for students during ODNR internship. Led discussions amongst students regarding wildlife topics and engaged youth in related group and individual activities.
Forestry Intern, ODNR Division of Forestry Maumee State Forest, 2014
- Developed forestry measurement techniques, used and mixed herbicides for invasive species removal, operated forestry equipment, and assisted with timber salvage sales.
- Completed administrative tasks including, answering public inquiries via phone and walk ins, faxing/mailing, introducing windbreak databases, co-facilitating tours and creating publications.
Undergraduate Lab Assistant, Dr. Lauren Pintor’s Aquatic Ecology Lab, 2014 – 2016
- Worked in lab setting with graduate students in Dr. Pintor’s lab sorting macroinvertebrates and performing other basic laboratory duties.
Undergraduate Student Representative for SENR Academic Affairs Committee, 2015 – 2016
- Attended monthly meetings pertaining to school curriculums, classes, resources, technologies, etc. Corresponded frequently with faculty and staff through committee as well as Student Administrative position. Gained strong communication and organizational skills.
SENR 1100 Peer Mentor Program, 2014 – 2016
- Worked with undergraduate students (specifically SENR students) through ENR 1100. Was responsible for a cohort of students and giving instructions on topics including: Carmen, campus resources, academic resources and planning, etc. Also, occasionally presented to entire class section on related first year topics.
SENR Ambassador Program, 2014 – 2016
- Guided high school students and first year students through Experience OSU for a Day Program and the SENR Ambassador program that provides academic overviews for prospective students as well as personalized tours.
- Called perspective students over the phone to disseminate admissions information and answer questions regarding admissions and deadlines.