Just a Reminder for ALL HORSE ADVISORS to please take the time to look at all tack that your 4-hers are planning on using at fair.
Things to keep in mind:
- Make sure it is safe (In good condition) & clean.
- Horses over 5 yrs of age cannot be shown in a O ring or D ring snaffle and shown with 2 hands in western pleasure & horsemanship classes.
- They must be in a shank bit (straight sides) and only shown with 1 hand in western pleasure & horsemanship classes.
- If showing a horse over 5 yrs old and using 2 hands with a shank bit , they can be disqualified from a class.
- Split reins are required for western pleasure and contest reins for contest are recommended for safety reasons.
- If wearing spurs, please make sure they are correct for the discipline (English or Western).This applies to boots also.
- Leather halters & leads for showmanship for western are recommended