Artifacts

This past Saturday I attended my first Ohio State Football game with a few friends and some fellow STEM EE Scholars. The game had a kickoff set for 4:00 PM when the buckeyes planned to take down the terrapins from Maryland inside the Shoe. The atmosphere was electric as I participated in the various chants and cheers. At halftime, I was wildly impressed by the marching band’s boxing match themed performance. At the end of the game, the score read 62-14 buckeyes. It was quite the show.

This was a great experience for me as I have never been apart of such an enormous fan base like the one at Ohio State. Going to the game and experiencing the great amount of school spirit firsthand was encouraging for me. Up to this point, I never had a large amount of school spirit. I now am acquainted to such a massive following, and I’m glad to be right in the middle of it. This game, along with many first I’ve experienced since I’ve arrived at Ohio State, have helped me to become more comfortable on campus and as a first year student. After seeing the effects of strong school spirit at the game, I hope to become more involved in school spirit groups and show a little more school pride on a daily basis.