Where is air pollution comes from?
The leading air pollutant are carbon dioxide, methane, sulfur dioxide. Carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas mainly comes from burning of fossil fuels such as gasoline and natural gas. Methane as the another greenhouse gas mainly comes from swamp and gas passed by livestock. Sulfur dioxide which is the cause of acid rain mainly comes from volcano and burning of fossil fuels contains sulfur.
What can we do to help reduce air pollution?
- Tighten the controls for power plant emissions to reduce emissions.
- Seal containers of household cleaners, workshop chemicals and solvents, and garden chemicals to prevent volatile organic compounds from evaporating into the air.
- Using cleaner fuel like natural gas instead of coal
- Conserve energy – remember to turn off lights, computers, and electric appliances when not in use
- Restrict the construction of power plants and other energy-intensive industries
- Advocate for emission reductions from power plants and more stringent national vehicle emission standards.
- Shut down inefficient coal-fired industrial boilers.
- Limit driving by carpooling, using public transportation, biking and walking.
- Purchase and use low-polluting outboard marine engines and personal watercraft
How to deal with air pollution?
- Buy air purifiers
- Keep the kids, and yourself, home from school and work
- Don’t go outdoors at night
- Increase the greenery
Air Pollution. National Geographic http://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/pollution/
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services. What Can I Do to Help Reduce Air Pollution? https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/divisions/air/tsb/ams/aqmdp/share.htm
Here are nice ways to deal with Delhi’s air pollution. Quartz India. https://qz.com/301362/here-are-nine-ways-to-deal-with-delhis-air-pollution-but-you-may-not-be-able-to-afford-any-of-them/