BUYER INVITATIONS: Personally contact buyers and business people in your area. Last years buyers are listed in the Junior Fair Guide. For new buyers – call the Extension Office 740-376-7431 with name of business, name of contact person, and mailing address. We will send them a new buyer’s packet.
MARKET ANIMAL ARRIVAL & WEIGH IN: Animals will be weighed at the Washington County Fairgrounds on Friday, September 3. Please note the following schedule:
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm Market Lamb Weigh-in Multi-purpose Building
- 6:00 – 7:30 pm Market Rabbit & Turkey Weigh-in Rabbit & Poultry Barn
- 7:00–8:00 pm Market Goat, Weigh-in Multi-purpose Building
- 7:30–9:00 pm Market Chickens, Weigh-in Rabbit & Poultry Barn
- 8:00-8:30 pm Dairy Feeder, Weigh-in Multi-purpose Building
- 8:30-9:00 pm Market Steer, Weigh-in Multi-purpose Building
LIVESTOCK PICTURES WILL BE TAKEN AT THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
- Friday, 6:00-7:30 pm Rabbit & Poultry Barn
- Friday, 7:30-8:00 pm Multi-purpose Building
- Saturday, 12:00 – 2:00 pm Rabbit & Poultry Barn
- Saturday, 2:00 – 3:00 pm Lambs – Livestock Pictures Multi-purpose Building
- Saturday, 3:00 – 4:00 pm Goats – Livestock Pictures Multi-purpose Building
- Saturday, 4:00 – 5:00 pm DFS/Steers – Livestock Pictures Multi-purpose Building
DRUG USE NOTIFICATION FORM (DUNF): This will be an online form for 2021. The link will go live on Sunday, August 29 and must be completed before Weigh-in at the County Fair. You will complete a DUNF for each animal/pen you are bringing to the fair! You will get an email confirmation after the DUNF is submitted. Remember, this link will go live on Sunday, August 29th – https://go.osu.edu/washingtoncounty-dunf
EXHIBITOR NUMBERS: will be handed out along with safety pins when you check-in prior to weigh-in. These must be worn during showmanship and market classes.
MEMBERSHIP TICKETS & ADMISSION: $30 membership tickets or season passes will be sold at the Senior Fair Board Office and Junior Fair wristbands (includes grandstand and rides) will be sold for $5 until Friday, September 3 at the Senior Fair Board Office. Those purchasing a membership ticket can vote in the annual fair election on Monday, September 6 from 1:00-7:00 pm. Daily gate admission will be $10 per person (4 year and under free).
FAIRBOARD OFFICE HOURS:
- August 23-31
- September 1 – 7
WASH RACK: If it is not your day to show, please stay off the wash rack until the animal shows are over.
FEEDING TIMES: Get your feeding and pen cleaning done in a reasonable amount of time and keep the barns clean and your animals watered.
BUYERS GIFTS: Rather than providing gifts to buyers, we encourage you visit the buyer’s place of business or mail them a thank you card after the sale. Buyers appreciate your thoughtfulness, but they can be overwhelmed with gifts during the sale and trying to transport them home.
SALE: The sale will be held on Tuesday, September 7 at 4:00 pm in the Multi-purpose Building. Exhibitors will be taking their animals into the ring during the auction. Sale Order: Market Steers, Goats, Turkeys, Lambs, Chickens, Dairy Feeder Steers, Rabbits.
SMALL ANIMAL SALE & CHECK-OUT:
- The rabbit and poultry barn will be locked/closed during the sale. Please get all your personal items out of the barn prior to the barn being closed. Leave feed and water in your pens for your animals.
- All kids must be in the barn to pick up their animals during the group prior to their turn to sell. For example, when goats are selling, turkey exhibitors should be at the rabbit/poultry barn picking up their animals and going to the livestock barn to be ready to sell. Once you have sold your animals, please take the animal back to the rabbit/poultry barn. Any animal being removed from the rabbit/poultry barn will be signed out and signed back in once the sale is complete.
- Approximately 30 minutes after the sale of each small animal group, the animals will be released in this order – packers, buyers and then kids. No one will be in the barn unless it is their turn to pick up the animals.
SALE CHECKS: Checks will be mailed to you following the fair by November 1 or before.
THANK YOU POSTER CONTEST: Posters will be judged at the fair and must be in place by Friday evening of the fair. Judging is based on originality, neatness & creativity on relaying a “Thank You” message to the buyers. Awards will be 1st $15; 2nd $10; & 3rd $5. Please list exhibitor’s name & age on front of poster. All market project exhibitors are required to display a poster.
- Setup – Wednesday, Sept 1 from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Setup – Thursday, Sept 2 from 9:00 to 9:00 pm
- Tear Down – Tuesday, Sept 7 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm or Wed, Sept 8 from 9:00 am to Noon
JR FAIR BUILDING: In addition to 4-H & FFA Booths there will be the following events.
- Trash Can Painting Contest – Friday
- 4-H Cake Decorating Contest – Saturday at 5:00 pm
- Corn Hole Tournament – Saturday at 7:00 pm
- 4-H Style Show – Monday at 4:00 pm
- Pancake Flippin’ Breakfast Show – Monday 8 – 10 am
- Make it Take it Craft Activities – Monday at 10 am
- Cloverbud Activities – Monday 1 – 3 pm
HORSE SHOW: Move-In Friday 3:30 to 7:00 pm and Move-Out Monday 3:00 to 6:00 pm
It is your responsibility to read and practice the rules for the fair. The Junior Fair Activities Guide and the County Fair Book have this information. Junior Fair Activity Guides are available at the Ohio State University Extension Office.
- Kurt Bohlen Curt Welch Bruce Zimmer
- President President Extension Educator
- Washington County Fair board 4-H Livestock Committee 4-H Youth Development