4-H Shooting Sports Fundraiser: Bull’s-Eye 4-H Club will host Marietta Applebee’s “Together We Care” fundraiser on Tuesday, April 25. The Club will receive 50% of what is spent on a special menu of five Applebee’s favorites from 11am to 11pm. No flyer or receipt required; just ask for and order from the special menu. Fundraiser applies to both dine-in and take-out orders (740-374-5390). Thank you for your support to help purchase supplies, equipment, and recognition items for the 4-H shooting sports program!
Calling All Ohio 4-H’ers!
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) invites Ohio 4-H members to explore the state’s rich natural wonders through hands-on activities that fulfill the requirements of select project books.
4-H members will disperse throughout Alum Creek State Park to participate in workshops led by expert ODNR staff and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers volunteers.
HEART OF THE GREAT OUTDOORS: 4-H PROJECT DAY
Hosted by ODNR
ALUM CREEK STATE PARK
Saturday, June 17, 2023
10 am to 4 pm
Flyer with more details: 4-H Project Day
Geology: Can You Dig It?
Why Trees Matter
Outdoor Adventurer: Beginning Fishing
Explore the Outdoors
Get Started in Art
RSVP by scanning the QR code or by navigating to
If you have any questions, please contact Jordan Conner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR PUMPKIN GROWING CONTEST
- Open to all youth who are residents of Washington County or are members of an FFA Chapter, 4–H Club or school program in Washington County.
- Entry may be made in one or both classes by age division: Classes (different pumpkin must be used for each class)-Largest Pumpkin by weight-Best decorated by scar drawing.
- Age Divisions: 2-5 yrs 6-10 yrs 11-19 yrs
- Judging will be held at 5:00 pm on Friday Sept. 1 in the Home Arts Building.
- Seeds are furnished by Tim Glover. Only the variety of seed distributed can be used in the contest. Contact the Extension Office at 740-376-7431 for the seed packets or stop at their office 1115 Gilman Ave
- Name of the exhibitor and age must be scared into each pumpkin entered.
- All entries must be brought to the fairgrounds between 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm on Aug 31 or Sept. 1 in the Home Arts Building.
- Limit one pumpkin per class and a different pumpkin in each open class.
- Open class entries are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN
The mandatory Parent / member horse meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 17th from 6:00 to 8:00pm at the Extension Office. All 4-H members enrolled in a horse project must attend. Members will be learning about the new Equistep Requirement which is mandatory for 2023. Horse committee members will also be present to answer questions for parents and youth. The agenda will also include instruction on 2 hand vs 1 hand riding, goal setting, and more. Please plan to attend, our meeting will be in the conference room on the second floor at 1115 Gilman Ave, Marietta. For additional information please call our office at 740-376-7431.
New members taking livestock projects or special interest projects are invited to learn more about 4-H on April 18 at 6:00
Each family that attends will receive one $8 4-H voucher to use toward projects or 4-H camp!
Please come support the Chicken BBQ Dinner at Hervida on Saturday, May 6. Meal served 5:00 to 7:00pm. Dinners will be available for eat-in or carry-out.
This is also a great opportunity to volunteer for camp by serving, clearing tables, or donating a dessert! Donations for the Country Store are always welcome!!
Here is a link to make a dessert, donate items for the country store, cut & keep desserts stocked, serve & stock beverages, clear tables & wipe trays, run dishwasher, or prepare carry-out meals.
The JFS Building (1115 Gilman Ave) and OSU Extension will be closed on Friday, April 7 in observance of Good Friday.
You can purchase 4-H Project and Resource Books any time Monday – Friday 8:00 to 4:00. But on Wednesday, April 11 we are having an after hours sale from 4:00 to 7:00 pm to make it more convenient for families.