The past year brought us many difficulties and changes, including not being able to hold 4-H camps in person. Washington County 4-H is planning to host a modified version of typical summer camps for youth Kindergarten thru ninth grade. OSU Extension will be offering five camps this year, including three single day camps and two multi-day, day camps. Four of the camps will be held at Camp Hervida near Waterford and one camp will be held at the Washington County Fairgrounds. Please see below for the dates and camp specific information.
- Cloverbud Day camp Grades K-2: June 29th – Hervida (Lunch and Snack provided) – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Day camp Grades 3-9: June 30th – Hervida (Lunch and Snack provided) – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Multi-day Day Camp Grades 3-9: July 5-8th – Hervida (Lunch, Dinner and Snack provided)
- Multi-day Day Camp Grades 3-9: July 19-22nd – Hervida (Lunch, Dinner and Snack provided)
For the multi-day camps, drop off will be 9:00 am and pick up at 8:00 pm Monday-Thursday. Transportation will be available from Marietta to and from camp for the multi-day camps. Campers will be expected to come every day Monday-Thursday. The camp July 19-22nd will only occur if there are over 50 campers interested in both weeks. If not, only the camp July 5-8th camp will occur.
- Day camp Grades K-9: July 23rd – Washington County Fairgrounds (Lunch and Snack provided). This camp will offer different activities than the camps at Hervida.
Registration costs will include all needed supplies, food for the campers, and a reusable mask and camp picture for every camper. The camp staff and camp counselors are looking forward to a fun and exciting 4-H camping season! Camp t-shirts will be available at additional cost.
For more information about the 4-H camping program or enrollment, please contact the Washington County Ohio State University Extension office at (740) 376-7431, or download a registration form from https://go.osu.edu/hervida
Print your camp form here: 2021 Camper Reg Packet