On behalf of the Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council, we would like to introduce you to the 2021 Take the Leap Year Program. Thanks to the Ohio 4-H Foundation Board, Take the Leap Year is a teen-led, five-month free program available to Ohio 4-H Teens ages 13-18. Our goal is to help teens from Ohio gain leadership skills, career development skills, and learn how to establish and maintain goals. They will learn these skills through programming, journaling, and working with their peers.
Registration is now open at go.osu.edu/taketheleap and due January 24, 2021.
More information about the program:
We will be meeting virtually on the third Wednesday of each month February-May. There will be two meetings in June, with one on the second Wednesday of the month and on the fourth Wednesday. These workshops will be held in the evening. Each session will have different themes taught by teen leaders. Prior to beginning in February, registered participants will receive a package in the mail with supplies for the program.
Below are the following plans with the corresponding months:
- February: This meeting will be an introduction to the program. Throughout the program, we are challenging teens to pick one word to apply to all aspects of their life. This word can help them reach their goals.
- March: Working with teens to develop a 5-year plan to help them determine what they would like to accomplish in the near future.
- April: Teens will learn professionalism skills that will benefit them in their later careers. They will learn about resume building, elevator pitches, business cards, and much more!
- May: Participants will learn about state opportunities within the Ohio 4-H program.
- June (2nd Wednesday): Q& A with 4-H alumni and the opportunity to learn about several career paths.
- June (4th Wednesday): Closing Ceremony