We are faced this year with many challenges because of COVID-19. OSU Extension and the 4-H Advisory Committee have developed a plan to implement a revised strategy for 2020 Special Interest Project Judging.
Washington County 4-H Special Interest Judging Plans
- All Special Interest Projects will be judged at the club level by club advisors for 2020. There will not be a county-wide event on July 16
- There will NOT be county-wide Make-up Project Judging (August 3) offered for 2020
- All members that complete Special Interest Project Judging will receive one $6 Voucher from the 4-H Advisory Committee. The voucher can be redeemed at OSU Extension toward the purchase of 4-H Project Books or applied toward 4-H Camp Registration. One voucher per member.
County Timeline for Special Interest Judging
- June 24 – OSU Extension will mail judging packets to advisors
- July 1 – OSU Extension will post a video for advisor training about club level project judging
- July 1 – OSU Extension will post a video for members about club level project judging
- July 31 – Advisors return Project Judging Completion Rosters due to OSU Extension
- August-Sept – Advisors will receive ribbons for members to exhibit in fair booths
Announcement About Ohio State Fair and Plans for Ohio 4-H Project Showcase
Due to COVID-19 and in alignment with the cancellation of the Ohio State Fair, there will be no 4-H state fair project judging this year. However, we know how important it is to recognize 4-H members for the time and effort in completing their projects. While we are still working on the details, we are excited to announce there will be an Ohio 4-H Project Showcase. All members will be invited to submit a photo of themselves with their 4-H project. These photos will be added to a gallery page on the state 4-H website and we’re working on plans to highlight members in additional ways. We’ll share the information about posting photos by June 15.