The tag in for Market Dairy Goats and Feeder Calf for Barlow Fair is scheduled for July 20, 2019. The tag in event begins at 8am and will end at 10am. Exhibitor does not need to be present, only livestock animal. Please bring the yellow breed verification card to tag in for the Market Dairy Goats. These cards are due by tag in. If you need a yellow verification card please stop by the extension office and pick one up. These cards require the breeder name and signature, as well as the exhibitor name and signature. Leave the tag # area blank as that will be assigned at tag in. Tag in is held at the Barlow Fair grounds. For more information contact the Extension Office at 740-376-7431.
No pre-registration required. Sign-up the day of the event at the Washington County Career Center.
Complete details: County 4-H Speaking Contest flier -full details
Registration begins at 9:00 a.m. The following events are offered to 4-H members (not Cloverbuds):
4-H Demonstration & Illustrated Talk without Technology Contest (Junior Division – Ages 8-10)
- Presentations, whether given by an individual or a team, should last between 5 and 7 minutes
4-H Demonstration & Illustrated Talk with or without Technology Contest (Intermediate -11-15 and Senior -14 & up Divisions)
- Presentations should last between 8 and 10 minutes
- Individual or Team
4-H Shooting Sports or Living History Topic (Must be enrolled in 700 series projects)
- Shooting Sports or Living History Topics Presentations – Juniors (8-13) without technology & or props 3-5 min.
- Shooting Sports or Living History Topics Presentations – Seniors (14-18) without technology & or props 5-8 min.
4-H Pledge Contest
- Participants must be ages 8-11 as of January 1st of this year
4-H Creed Contest
- Participants must be ages 12-18 as of January 1st of this year.
4-H Marketing Contest – thank you card, holiday card, 4-H Infomercial Promoting 4-H (items due to Extension Office July 8)
- Thank you Card with / without the use of computer graphics or scrapbooking– Junior (8-10) – due to Extension Office by July 8
- Holiday Card with / without the use of computer graphics or scrapbooking – Intermediate (11-13) – due to Extension Office by July 8
- 4-H Infomercial Promoting 4-H – Senior (14 and up) – due to Extension Office by July 8
The 4-H Advisory Committee will award a $6 voucher to each member participating. One award per member. Each participant will be entered in a drawing for a cash award sponsored by Bob and Peg Byers. Public Speaking Incentives for 4-H Members!
County winners will advance on to the Ohio State Fair Competition!
4-H members and parents will want to visit the 4-H Project Judging & Skillathon webpage at https://washington.osu.edu/node/409 to find:
- Judging Schedule for July 16 (each project has an assigned time)
- Project Judging Guidelines (what to bring to judging)
- General 4-H Project Judging Information (overview of judging)
- Clothing and Food/Nutrition Skillathon Study Sheets (also being mailed to these members)
Trash cans should include your group’s name and the year 2019. Trash cans will be judged on creativity, neatness, and overall appearance. This contest is open to all 4-H Clubs, FFA and FCCLA Chapters, and Girl Scout and Boy Scout Troops.
Washington County Fair: Go to Washington County Fair Grounds and pick up a trash can to paint. When the can is completed, please make sure you bring it, along with a completed entry form, to the Junior Fair Office by 9:00pm, Thursday, August 29.
Barlow Independent Fair: Go to the Barlow Fairgrounds and pick up a trash can. Painted cans should be dropped off at the Jr. Fair Building on September 25 by 8:00 pm with the completed entry form.