Attached is a preliminary application for youth to complete. There will be a follow up interview before selecting participants. The experience is for 4-H youth ages 15-19. The cost is $400 plus airfare (approx.. $650). The group will be staying in two locations – Castaner – a small mountain town in the center of the island and San Juan – where you will be joining 4-H youth from Puerto Rico for several service/cultural projects.
It takes lots of helpers to conduct project judging, livestock skillathon and make-up judging. We invite parents and advisors to assist with these events by completing the attached interest survey. Please complete the survey by June 26
The Saddle Horse Committee of Washington County will be hosting it’s second educational equine session on Tuesday June 25, 2019. The event will begin at 6:30pm at the horse arena at the Washington County Fair grounds. Topics will include the Safety Video (for those members and parents who need to watch), trail obstacles, and rider etiquette. The committee will provide pizza for the event. It is mandatory that 4-H members participating in the Washington County Fair attend one equine session. The last session date is scheduled for July 18.
Thursday, June 20 – Rules can be found at and entries can be made at https://ohiostatefair.com/livestock/ .
- Ohio State Fair Rabbit & Poultry Entry Deadline (no paper or late entries for junior fair animals)
- Ohio State Fair Livestock Entry Deadline (no paper or late entries for junior fair animals)
- Ohio State Fair Dog Show and Dog Agility Entry Deadline www.go.osu.edu/osfdogs
Monday, July 1 – Ohio State Fair Dog Show poster entry deadline www.go.osu.edu/osfdogs
Friday, July 5 –
Applications and more information to be an Ohio 4-H Teen Leadership Council (TLC) member are now available online at: go.osu.edu/TLC. Please note applications (and other materials, including letters of recommendation) are due (not postmarked; received!) by Friday, August 9, 2019.”
Here are some highlights about the responsibilities of the council:
- Age: Individuals must be 14-18 as of January 1 the year of application to apply for council member, committee member, committee chair, and officer.
- Number of Meetings/Events: See the program structure outline on the application for specific numbers of meetings and events. Members are required to attend at least 75% of meetings and events.
- Working Events: Members are required to work a number of statewide events at the Ohio State Fair, and elsewhere throughout the state (Farm Science Review, Legislative Luncheon, etc.). Each level of membership differs in the number of events that are required. See the program structure for more information.
- Location of meetings: Meetings are typically held at the Ohio 4-H Center in Columbus, Ohio, but there are occasionally instances when they are held elsewhere due to events on Ohio State’s Campus. In these instances, meetings may be held at locations close to campus. Refer to the application for the locations for the 2019-2020 year. Members will be notified prior to the location change.
- Additional Opportunities: Depending on the level of involvement, council members have the option to apply for additional opportunities including the National 4-H Conference, Ohio 4-H Foundation Board, and other opportunities that may arise.
Click here for show bill: ohchorseshowbill2019