Artifact

One of the groups that I am most involved with on campus is Mount Leadership Society which is the Scholars Program I am in. It is a group focused on leadership and community service. One of the big events in the school year for Mount is the MILES ceremony. This ceremony is the first year Mount class’s official admittance into the program where they sign their commitment form to uphold all of the Mount essential throughout their two year tenure as a Mountie but also throughout all their years at OSU and all their years in life. Every year, the first year’s “Mega” which is a mentor assigned to them based on similar interests and majors is the person to pin the Mount pin on their “Mini” after their formal acceptance into Mount. This is a symbol to the first year that their mentor will always be there for them to guide them through their college years and to give them support and a hand when they need. This year I got to give the Mount pin to my mini Rachel, shown ahead, and it was a really special moment. It was the beginning of her tenure as a Mountie and I know that she will love every second of this program just as I have. Also at the MILES ceremony, I got to take a picture with some of the best friends I have ever made. This group of people shown above I met because of Mount and I am so grateful for that. Mount has given me some really great and genuine friends and to be all together to pass on the legacy of service, friendship, and leadership to our minis was truly amazing.