Vision Statement/Statement of Action

As an engineer in a research lab, I have become fascinated with the idea of linking the academic side of things to industry. That is, I want to see how to make academia and industry relations work and how they tick. With the rest of my time on campus, I plan to explore this and how I may apply this to a career. Not only am I planning on laboratory rotations this summer with research centers on campus, but I also plan to get involved with industry more. Aside from the Nordson Case Competition I plan on competing in May 13th and 14th 2021, I want to seek an internship or co-op to give me a feel for the industry field. However, I have found a love for academia and research during my first two years, so I wish to remain involved with OSU research. Additionally, I must focus on my coursework for both my major in Biomedical Engineering and minor in Business. With these ideas in mind, I will pursue not only a steady path in my coursework, but I will be working towards experience more in both academia and industry. Lastly, I will also be preparing for a future in graduate school, which will involve GRE preparation, research into colleges, and looking into the field of research I may want to commit to.